1. Decide your workout before you get to the gym. This will help you get on a schedule, and you can work complimentary muscles. Also, you won’t need to walk around aimlessly in the gym.
2. Wipe off your cardio equipment after you’re done using, or whatever else you’ve sweated all over.
3. Make sure you have a spotter if you’re lifting heavy weights. The last thing you need is an injury right when you’re getting started in your new routine.
4. If you have a question, ask someone else there. People are happy to share their knowledge!
5. Don’t be intimidated by the tough guys, or women. In almost every gym there are always the fit people that are working out. Don’t be afraid to get in the mix. One reason people leave weight lifting off the workout schedule is because they are intimidated by the other guys using the weights. No one minds! Just grab your weights and do your own workout without a second thought.
6. Wear the proper gear or attire.
Dressing properly can effect how you workout, and your safety. The right shoes and sports bra are your number one things! Everything else is secondary from there.
7. Make sure you’re using good form. This is a time that if you don’t know, you can either youtube it before you go to the gym, or ask the people around you.
8. Switch up your routine. There are a lot of places you can go to get a good workout. Online, of course, a trainer, a friend….
9. Take your time while you’re lifting. Not too much time! If you’re flying through your workout, lift heavier weights, if you’re struggling with your form, then go lighter.
10. Use the weights or machines that you need, then re-rack them in between sets. If you’re tired and need to rest, free up the machine, and rest somewhere else. This gives everyone a chance to get their workout done.