1. Plant trees in front of, or instead of a fence. Some people want privacy without having a fence to maintain, or buy. My favorite houses have used rows of trees and shrubs as their fence. It’s really pretty, and will give a lot of privacy after a few years.
2. Plant hedges. This is a good option if you want some separation, either from a neighbor, or just different parts of your yard. There are a lot of different kinds. There are trimmed hedges, and then you can just plant the shrubs, and let them grow naturally too.
3. Put in a pond, or fountain to mask sounds. You might already be visibly private, but you can still hear noises around you that you don’t want to hear. You can put fountains near the sound, or do a pond or stream. That way you’d hear those peaceful sounds rather than the traffic or whatever it is you’re trying to block out.
4. Plant your garden around the edge of your yard. Planting a garden is a good way to make good use of your space, and have some privacy. You can plant your climbing plants further to the outside.
5. Plant vines. You can put them anywhere. They’re versatile and look really cool. You can plant these on your fence, on a pergola, on an archway, or anywhere they can climb onto. They’re so pretty, and can make your yard feel more enclosed and peaceful.