2. Jumping rope. An hour would burn about 750 calories. This is a great warm up if you jumped for 10-20 minutes before you start your work out.
3. Running. You either love it or hate it, but it’s a great way to burn a lot of calories. It’s also an easy exercise. You can just walk out your front door and start running. You don’t need a lot of equipment. It burns about 550 calories per hour.
4. HIIT (high intensity interval training). It involves short quick routines that are done at a fast pace, and you alternate different exercises with no rests in between. You’ll only have to do about 20 minutes to burn around 300 calories, without any cardio at all. You might do jumping jacks for 30 seconds, then hit the floor and do 10 pushups, then jump back up to do 30 seconds more of jumping jacks, followed by 15 squats, then 25 sit-ups, and whatever else the exercises are. You can burn about 300 calories in just 20 minutes. This is a great workout for the winter, at home, and if you don’t have a lot of time.
5. Kickboxing. This is a great full body workout. It’s a fun way to burn calories and get out your aggression. This is great for building muscles as you do your cardio.
6. Cycling. This is a fun sport you can do year round. In the winter you can do spin classes, and in the summer you can get out and go on long bike rides. You can burn about 500 calories per hour.
7. Aerobics class. There are a lot of different kinds. Body pump, step, zumba, circuit training, barre. Whatever class it is that you go to, you can burn around 500-700 calories per hour if you really work hard.